Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Midwestern Storms

Yesterday about 4:15pm a storm blew in and caused a lot of damage.  We were in the Visitor's Center when it hit.  I could hear the wind blowing fiercely so I went to look out the window.  I couldn't see anything but a blur of water on the west window.  I looked to the north and noticed that the rain was blowing horizontally.
When the wind blows that hard, it causes trees to be uprooted.  These trees at the creek all pulled up in a row.
Branches were down everywhere.  Limbs down too.
Part of our backyard that I cleaned up.  
Not all the damage will be cleaned up by our missionaries and grounds people.  The city gets this one.
Some around the VC had lots of limbs down.  Amazingly, not one structure had limbs, branches or downed trees on top.  I'm always amazed by that.
The ox wagon that is pulled by the youngest oxen, was flipped on it's side.  It was a fast moving storm.  It came out of nowhere and was gone just as fast.  For me, another Midwestern storm.  For those from Utah, it is a wild ride and unbelievable! 

No comments: