Thursday, October 31, 2019

The Paxmans

These beautiful people left us the beginning of October to go back to Canada.  I came to love them immensely in the short time we served together.  Sister Jolene Paxman was a painter/cleaner.  Elder James Paxman was a handyman specializing in building picket fences.
My Elder had the idea to create a "vase" out of pickets.  Then he had the conservation sisters fill it with things that would remind them of their time here.  As you can see, she was very surprised and delighted as it was presented to them.
There was a paint brush, a spatula that she used for spackle and a toilet brush among the flowers.
I created an Illinois and Canadian flag to add to the fun.  The bow was made from painters tape used as she helped paint the condos.
I wish I could have known them longer and spent more time with them.  They were so much fun and I miss them both.  He has such a fun, easy-going personality and she loved to laugh amid the work.  Some people leave an imprint on your heart and I'm finding so many of these people here in the mission are doing just that.

No comments: