Sunday, April 3, 2016

General Conference Weekend

A wonderful General Conference weekend.  It dawned on me that this is the LAST one before Andrew comes home.  He did say that he was able to be in the Conference Center for Saturday afternoon.

We were able to sustain our brethren.  There were once again just a handful of dissenters.  I have to think that those individuals are nothing but selfish people who are just trying to make a statement.  I feel bad for them as they are lost.

The family was over for all of Sunday and much of Saturday.  I made some delicious food that we were able to share.

I was able to lay in bed with my husband until 7:30 this morning.  That just never happens.  It's the little things that make me happy.

I was able to take notes on each of the talks.  I decided that I will go back through them and look for the scriptural references that were used.  What a wonderful way to review the things that were said.

President Monson was able to speak to us this morning for just a few minutes and to announce four new temples to be built around the world.  His health is obviously not good.  I wonder how long he will be with us.  I watch he and Elder Hales and wonder about each of them.

No comments: