Sunday, October 19, 2014

Small Things Mean So Much

Yesterday was Andrew's birthday.  I was feeling a bit sad that I wasn't going to be able to spend the day with him or even talk to him due to the fact that he is a missionary.  It was his first birthday away from home and my desire was that somehow it would be special.  Therefore, I prayed yesterday morning and I asked my Father in Heaven to somehow, some way have someone do something special for him.

Prayers are answered.  I was on Facebook and I got a private message from one of Sammi's former missionary companions.  She asked if she could doorbell ditch a birthday cake for Andrew.  I couldn't contain my emotions.  Tears streamed down my face as we chatted.  She was the answer to my humble prayer.  She said she knew how much a missionary needs to feel the love and she was willing to do that for my son even though she's never met him. 

I will forever be grateful for her listening to the Spirit as she was prompted to do this seemingly small thing.  I know prayers are answered.  I see it all the time but I never expected to know if this one was answered.  She sent me a picture of the balloons and birthday package on the front stoop of the home where Andrew lives.  Thank you Annie!  I will love you forever for doing something so small that means so much to me.

No comments: