Monday, December 2, 2013

My Birthday Boy

 Today is my sweetheart's birthday.  He doesn't want anyone to make a big deal out of his birthday.  I guess I feel the same way about mine.  Still, he makes a big deal out of mine so how is that fair?
This is a man of many talents who wears many hats.  Here are just a few of those hats he wears.
He is a basketball official.  Unfortunately, Erin isn't doing the same this year.  Andrew, however, is doing a few games with his dad.  One being tonight.
 Here's that 19 year old face that I fell in love with.  This was taken just prior to his leaving for the MTC.  My parents drove him to Provo.
 How on earth did we ever find a photo of him on a Sunday afternoon/evening?  He's often gone until then serving the saints of the stake.
 He's a hard worker who gives service so willingly.  He uses the tractor now rather than the snow blower but still plows everyone out who need it.
 He's a very affectionate man who completely adores me.  I can't complain.
 He loves to serve the Lord.  He loves it even more when I travel with him.
 He is a Papa to our wonderful grandchildren.  The kids adore him.
 He arranges for us to go to General Conference once a year.  I do love that.
 He loves his sons.  Yes, even though his face doesn't show it.  They went to a movie together and bonded.
He is a true friend.  He loves his friends unconditionally.  He is compassionate and unshakable in his devotion to those whom he loves.  I love that quality in him.
I am blessed beyond measure to have married this wonderful guy.  I think he is a great man with much to give and much to do.  He puts the Lord first and I admire that.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  Happy birthday sweetheart!

1 comment:

Clare said...

And his daughters too! Where's one of those alumni game pictures when you need it? Oh, I just remembered it's his profile picture, so that works.