Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Here We Go Again

 I really love watching high school basketball.  I love it even more when one of my children is playing.  For years I watched girl's basketball but for the past four years it has been boy's basketball.  Andrew totally got the tip on this jump ball even though the other guy was taller.  Of course, the other guy jumped before the ball even started coming back down.
 I love the attempt to block the inbounds pass.  The kid has long really long arms when he stretches out.
 Andrew thinks in defense.  He's always been a better defender than ball handler or shooter.  I really enjoy watching him get set and take a charge or better yet swatting someone else's shot.
 You can see the job he had last evening against Rosholt.  See the guy behind Andrew?  He was about 3 inches taller and twice as wide.  Not too hard to be wider than Andrew, but this guy was huge! 
 One of the few times I've been able to get a photo of him actually taking a shot.
 It was a fun game to watch last night.  Of course, whenever our guys win, makes it more fun to watch. 
Our guys are 3-0 overall and 2-0 in the conference.  They have their toughest opponents coming up in the next week.  So far, they've played alright ball but they are capable of playing better.  Here's hoping we have a very successful year!

No comments: