Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where Were You?

 Where were you when the world stop turning that September day?
I love that song by Alan Jackson.  As I watched the news this morning I went back to that day 12 years ago.  It was such a beautiful sunny morning with gorgeous blue sky.  Then the unthinkable happened.
I stood in front of the television in disbelief as I saw the second plane slam into the tower.  There was a fund raiser at school that morning and I went.  No one at school had any idea what was going on in the world.  Suddenly the TV was on and crowds of students and staff were watching.  
I still look at these photos with such sadness in my heart for all the families who had loved ones snatched away from them that day.  There were so many heroes but even more victims.  Twelve years later I am still unable to put my feelings of that day into words.


No comments: