Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Munising, MI

 Last week I went with Pat to the U.P. on our yearly work/vacation.  He stops at all the buildings and we find something interesting to do while we're there.
This year our adventure was a 2 hour ship wreck tour on a glass-bottomed boat.  We planned on the evening 3 hour tour but there weren't enough people to go due to the weather.  The theme from Gilligan's Island ran through my head the entire time we were on our tour.
In the morning we fed the ducks before leaving. 
The weather was perfect and the sun began to shine so we sat topside.  When we got to the first shipwreck, we were called down to look through one of the two "wells" where things were descibed to us.  
 I took a lot of photos but this was the best, clearest picture.  The bow of this ship is only about five feet below the viewing area.
 On our way we saw a few eagles.
 This old lighthouse is in the process of being restored.
 I love how the years of erosion have worn away the rocks on the coast.
Not a terrific pic of the two of us, but we did have a great time.
While on the trip I read a book Sammi gave me to read.  It's called "Let it Go."  It's the story of a man's journey through the forgiveness process when his wife, two of his children and unborn son were killed by a teenage drunk driver.  The book made a profound impact on me and how I feel about the forgiveness process.

No comments: