Monday, August 13, 2012

Girl's Camp 2012

Last week I was at camp once again.  I was to be the historian and this year also do the Wednesday craft.  When I arrived, we found out that one of our cooks may not be able to make it.  I volunteered to step in and help out in the kitchen.  I spent most of my day on Tuesday in the kitchen which was so much fun.  I felt like I was really doing something productive rather than just taking pictures.
Our 4th year campers went out on their own campsite and did all their own cooking for 2 1/2 days.  They had a great time.
 The 3rd year campers.  The biggest group.
 Megan and I making our lamps.
 On Tuesday everyone made a lamp out of clay.  Prior to the testimony meeting, each of us were given a tea light.  When you bore your testimony, you got to light your lamp because you "shared your light."  It was pretty cool. 
 The smallest group were the 2nd year campers.
The 1st year campers. 

As usual, I shared the "bat cave" with Cheryl.  We did a lot of giggling as is normal.  We got busted by some of the other adults who thought it was the girls laughing.  Megan added another dimension to our giggling.  It was a fun time and I felt very useful. 

Now it's time to get ready for seminary since all my picture taking for youth conference and camp is finished.  Next up, Stef's wedding this Saturday.  Can't wait.

1 comment:

Mont and Dawna said...

I love girls camp! You'd be a blast to camp with. This must have been a stake camp, yah? Looks fun and good luck with Sem Prep and another year ahead :) Enjoy the last of your summer though. Love you Heidi! Great pix and you look too nice to be camping! You're beautiful!