Sunday, June 10, 2012

Extraction

On Thursday I took Andrew to the oral surgeon to have his wisdom teeth removed.  They weren't bothering him and were not even broken through.  In April his orthodontist took a panoramic x-ray and told me he could have them out at any time.  I'm thinking that he didn't want them doing damage to that perfect smile he helped create.

At any rate, as with all my daughters, there was only a local with nitrous.  I'm too cheap to pay the extra $400 to have them put under.  Besides, I don't think it's necessary.  Andrew, just like his sisters, did great!  Some nerves going in, but who wouldn't be nervous?  I was.

He doesn't have a lot of pain that I can tell.  Some on the way home after the "freezing" was beginning to wear off and before I could get some pain meds into him.  Did I fill the vicodin prescription?  Not a chance.  Advil and Tylenol every two hours did the trick. 

He's got some swelling as witnessed by the above photo.  So far no bruising, but we'll see.  That may show up just in time to go to Youth Conference this week.  Then he'll have a story to tell about the bruising on his face.  Just kidding.

No comments: