Saturday, June 2, 2012

An End that Marks a New Beginning

Yesterday my fourth year as a seminary teacher ended.   I would never have guessed that I could have done this calling for four years, let alone do it again next year.  Every year I think about how it will be next year with the new kids coming in and the oldest ones not coming back.  This year is a little different as the youth not coming back have ALWAYS been in my class.  They were newbies back when I was one too.

 Four beautiful seniors from high school last night.  We'll hold our own seminary graduation next Sunday.  All four of these youth have brightened my mornings for four years and I'll miss them.  Here they are!
Trevor.  The one I can always count on to give answers and talk.  Who will talk and make comments next year?  He was the class valedictorian.  Congrats Trev!
 Rissa.  She's been the go-to girl in all of our scripture mastery games this year.  She knows the scriptures and she's really fast at getting them out.
Dest & Jas.  Both bring their own style.  Jasmine is never afraid to add a comment to the discussion.  Destinee brings a warm smile and plenty of love to the class. 
All these wonderful youth/adults have been a pleasure to work with.  They've each completed the Stake Presidency Challenge all four years!  That is no small accomplishment.  There are only a few youth in the entire stake who accomplish the challenge each year and these four have done it every year. 
I will miss these bright, wonderful people.  I know they will be a success in whatever they choose to do in their lives.  

No comments: