Sunday, February 21, 2010

A very beautiful surprise


On Wednesday my husband brought this beautiful surprise home for me. Bishop McBain is an artist and last Sunday he visited the bishop at his home. On Wednesday he stopped by the McBain's and purchased this beautiful chalk portrait of the Washington D.C. temple. We used a frame that my mom had. I repainted the gold on it and cut the mat to fit inside the frame. It was in our bedroom for 2 days before I decided it was too beautiful to be seen by so few. After mounting it on our livingroom wall, I then accented the portrait with our family. After all, this was the place where our eternal family began. What a thoughtful husband I have!

2 comments:

Sue said...

It is really beautiful. I like how you added your family around it.

DJ said...

That IS thoughtful AND beautiful! I love it. It's definitely better with the family's pictures surrounding it and more people able to see it's beauty in your home.