Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nothing new to report

So what should I say today? I'm happy, healthy and feeling fine. It's snowing outside. Not heavy snow, but still snow. It's February so I expect that there will still be snow. Heck, I expect it through March. After all, I live in the frozen tundra. I do like snow. It covers the ground and makes everything look fresh and clean. I especially like it hanging on the branches of the pine trees. It reminds me of Christmas and I love Christmas!

The past couple of winters have been great as far as snow removal goes. My husband has a tractor that he plows with. I don't do much snow removal anymore. I used to do 98% of it. I'm not sure how that was even fair. Give a man a toy and he'll play until his little heart is content. It works for me!

I love the changing seasons of the midwest. I don't think I would like to live in a climate where you don't see the new buds in the trees, feel the heat of the summer, see and smell the colored, crispy leaves and watch the white stuff fall while staying warm inside. Perhaps it's because I grew up with all of that. I appreciate God's handiwork because I see it everyday in every season.

Life is much to short not to enjoy as much of it as possible. My plan is to keep enjoying the sights, sounds and smells all around me in this beautiful world!

No comments: