Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Officially officiating

Over the last two years the A.D. at school has asked me to officiate some freshman girl's volleyball matches. I've always agreed and it was good experience. Last year, the A.D. from the Menominee Indian school district called and asked for my help for his middle school games. I helped him out a few times. Then the A.D. at Marion called and asked for my help. Wow! Guess I'm popular! Guess again. There's a shortage of volleyball officials.

This year, I took the exam and got myself registered with the WIAA. That makes this year my first official year as an officially licensed volleyball official. Sorry no stripes in volleyball. Just black pants and a white shirt. I'm signed up to do 11 games as of this date. I've done my first games in Neopit and Gresham already. Tonight I'm headed to Keshena for a freshman game.

I don't know what it is about doing this, but I do enjoy it. Crocs must have been invented for volleyball officials as they have great cushion. I still think they're ugly though. I do love to watch volleyball so this gives me a chance to do that from the best vantage point and get paid besides. I'm having a good time.

3 comments:

Clare said...

You do have to stand the whole time though.

Heidi said...

I know, but the crocs make it bearable.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.