Sunday, September 6, 2009

No Girls at Home...until Wednesday


Actually the title of this post isn't entirely true as Clare has been here for much of the weekend with the kids. But these two left on Friday morning with Loey for Rexburg. Erin is officially a college student. I think she'll have a good time and love it. Sammi will be back on Wednesday evening and then she'll be here until we kick to the at the curb at the MTC. She's going to be a superb missionary!

My point is, anyone who knows my daughters knows that the house would be very quiet without them here. (Except for Tom watching his favorite youtube post in which the model falls down on the runway. His laughter gets pretty loud then.) Erin typically isn't very loud as every teacher who ever had her in class can attest. But, when she gets with either Allyssa or Sammi, the volume gets turned up. I never would have dreamed how full my life would be with 3 daughters. They are my best girlfriends! Life would be pretty dull without their randomness....especially Sammi's. She keeps me on my toes. I have to be on them or else I'll get run over. Don't get me wrong, I love my sons just as much, but we don't giggle quite the same way. It's a girl thing!

So to my girls, I love you ladies and have fun when you're away from me. Just keep me in your loop is all I ask. This old lady needs some excitement too.

2 comments:

DJ said...

You do have awesome girls! I've often felt that having all daughters would be just fine with me----I already have a blast & laugh all the time with just one daughter! More would really make a great time!!!

I cannot believe Erin is already in college! She's too young!!! She'll love it! And Sammi will love being a missionary & I have no doubt she will be amazing out there with the people!!!

Sammi said...

Will do, Groovin' Granny.
See ya on the shore compadre!