Thursday, March 21, 2024

Winter?

Our winter has been very mild.  We only had a few weeks where it was really cold and we had very little snow.  I think the snowmobile trails were open for about two weeks.  
With all of that, I decided to begin my spring clean up in February.
I've never had the sand toys out in February.  This space is usually piled high with snow.
I raked the south lawn which doesn't take very long.  I also raked the lawn by the swingset as well as the lawn in front of the house.  
On this day it was warm enough to wear shorts!
I've gotten the grill out twice already and once we've gotten the lawn chairs out and sat outside until it was too dark.  I love the warm, sunny weather but worry about drought.  We need moisture.
Today is March 21st and we are expecting snow overnight and into tomorrow morning.  A few inches in forcast and we need every bit of it.  Fire danger is extremely high and no burning permits are even being given out.  My dad always said that the robins need to be snowed on three times before the Spring is really here.  I guess we will see.
 

No comments: