Friday, August 25, 2023

Family in Nauvoo

Just because we're in Nauvoo, the rest of our family wants to join us.  They all stayed at the Pountain house as usual.  
Pat and I were able to go to the temple most every day that it was open.  They had some strange hours on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so those days didn't always work.
This group came and did a lot of baptisms for our ancestors.  Their smiles make my heart happy!
We didn't really spend any time in the new visitors' center but these two needed their photo taken.
While all the older people were in the temple, I was able to take the younger ones to the Pioneer Pastimes.  Lydia loved being able to do the dancing with the NPMs.
These three spent a lot of time in the "house".  
I was able to teach the boys how to play the bean bag toss game.  They wondered why I had that on our back porch and now recognize it as a game. 
Butch and Evelyn played the ring toss game.  I'm really bad at tossing.  The hoop seems to go always off to the right.

Building with blocks is always fun.

We had our photo taken with the bagpipe band.
One last shot at the ox wagon ride.  Thanks to Ferrin and Wendy we have this treasure!
 

No comments: