Monday, June 5, 2023

Track Stars

I was able to attend one of the middle school track meets where I wasn't working so I could finally watch the Gourley boys compete in their field events.  
Adam has been working on the discus.  He's not horrible but I could tell it was his first year throwing.  
He's having fun and he's improving so that's a plus.  
Brock has decided to high jump.  He doesn't have coaches that know how to teach it so he just does what he sees the other kids do.  
He made opening height so I was so proud of him.  He didn't place but he's willing to learn.  Perhaps next year I will help him do just that.  Or maybe this event isn't for him.  Who knows?  It took me and my high jumper children a little while to learn just how to do it too.
I was glad to be able to attend their meet!
 

No comments: