Sunday, September 11, 2022

Chestnut Visit

While serving our mission in Nauvoo, we met and worked with Margy and Lee Chestnut.  In fact, she painted with me.  I wasn't sure if we were going to hit it off at first but I decided that since we would be working together, we needed to be friends.  From then on, we bonded.
On Labor Day weekend, they came for a visit.  They are on a two month trip around the country to do a bunch of bike rides.  They arrived Friday afternoon.  Pat was still busy with his mom so I made dinner and we ate well.  On Saturday morning I made a big breakfast and they headed off on the Mountain Bay trail for a 40 mile bike ride to look at some of the barn quilts.
We enjoyed just visiting and taking them to church with us.  It was a very beautiful weekend, weather wise, so they had a good time being here.  
On Sunday evening we got together at the Gourley home.  Clint grew up with Margy's children in Orem.  They lived just down the street.  It was fun for them to catch up as well.  
I never expected anyone from our mission to actually come visit us here in Wisconsin.  After all, we aren't really on the way to anywhere except here.  If they ever come back, I'll make sure that I have a bed in the main floor bedroom.  The stairs were a bit of a challenge for Margy.

No comments: