Monday, September 13, 2021

Nursery Leader?

 About a month ago Chad asked to speak to me after sacrament meeting.  Pat and I met with him and he extended the calling as Nursery leader.  I won’t lie.  Not a calling I ever aspired to.  Not even a calling I ever wanted or dreamed I would have.  Because of those reasons I started to laugh.  Both my husband and Chad were a bit taken aback by my response.  I told him I would do whatever the Lord needed me to do.  I told him that I thought he was going to ask me to be the ward music chair.  He said, “Since you brought it up…”. I told him I could do both callings.  

Me, the nursery leader.  That is good for a laugh.  I know people who wish for that position.  Not me.  I’m more comfortable with youth and adults.  I guess I’m about to learn something new.  My first week was alright.  I only had Ty Ejnik and my little Eli.  Destinee’s twins will join us any day now but they aren’t regular.  Ty and Eli will leave in January so it could be a very hit and miss calling.  I may get to be with the adults now and again.

No comments: