Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I Am a Daughter of God

This is me back in 1979.  I was a senior in high school. This is probably my favorite picture of myself.  It was totally candid.  I don't know who took it, but I got a copy.  I'm using it because I don't really have any photos of just myself.

A few weeks ago I had an experience that caused me some distress.  I felt like the only people that I could really count on were my immediate family.  I recognize now that the adversary tried to blow my emotions out of proportion.  I know that I have many, many people in my life that I have always been able to count on and will always be there for me.  

Still, I was hurt.  I also hurt for members of my family.

My sweet husband gave me a blessing and promised me that all would be well.  I spent several days in the temple where the world cannot affect me.  I also spent much time in prayer and fasting.

I had another experience where I came across an opportunity to serve.  I served this individual several days in a row.  My heart has been healed.

I see God's hand in my life.  He directs all things for good.  I feel blessed to know that He is real and He cares for me and loves me and calls me His daughter.  

No comments: