Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Traditions

I love traditions.  When I think about my own, I don't feel like I have very many.  I love having my family around on Christmas but understand that there are other sides of the family that feel the same way.

When my children were young, we lived next door to my aunt and uncle.  She had all her grandchildren over once a year for a camp out.  They would set up the tent and all sleep together. I had the same thought this week.  I love camping and want to share this with my grandchildren.  So, yesterday we set  up our new tent that has never been used and camped out.  I was a bit chilly and Evie doesn't like to stay in her sleeping bag, so I was up a few times in the night to make sure she was covered.  Somewhere before it was light, Brock was stirring.  I checked on him and found him completely outside his bag and huddles under his "blank."  I inserted him back into his sleeping bag and wrapped him in his blankie.

Adam surely didn't get cold.  He is the green blob.  He wraps himself tight even when it's too warm to do so.  Cami and her friend Grace had warm bags and never stirred.  I did hear some sort of howling in the night.  It sounded like a pack of wild critters.  There were dogs barking as well so I know whatever it was, it woke the neighbor's dogs.  That always makes me a little nervous.

We began another tradition this summer and that was taking them all to Bay Beach in the evening. We went out for dinner and then spent $40 on tickets.  We weren't there that long, but we never had to wait in line for any rides either.  It was fun watching the kids enjoy themselves.

I will probably come up with some others in the coming years as the grandchildren get older, but I don't want Cami to miss out so I have to start things now.  Family is Everything!!!

No comments: