Thursday, August 27, 2015

Just What We Do

Sammi and Jeff lived in Provo when they first got married.  Following his graduation from BYU, they moved to Muscatine, Iowa so he could attend nursing school.  He graduated last Friday.  He has a job in Oshkosh beginning in a few weeks.  In order to pay down some student loans as well as save money for his next phase of schooling, they have moved in with us.

We've done this before with the Gourleys.  That probably was a little tougher since we had so many people still living at home.  This time, it is just Pat, Tom and I.  It will all work out and we are glad that we can help.

When the day comes that they move into their own place, my husband will say, "I miss my baby."  He loves having the grandkids here.  He has Evelyn here to snuggle and spoil every single day.

People ask about the changing dynamic in a home when adult children move in with their children.  I always say, "Its just what we do."  I'm thankful we can.

No comments: