Sunday, August 16, 2015

Jinny

When I was a young woman, aged 14-17, I made some wonderful friends because of Girl's Camp.  As with most people, we graduated from high school and lose touch with one another. 
Last year, Dave Robertson called me and asked me if I knew a woman named Jinny.  I told him I knew her from my youth.  He was in contact with her as he was the Branch President in Sturgeon Bay and she was living in the area.
In July, Jinny's son came home from his mission.  I really wanted to go along to Wausau when he was being released so I could see her.  She was invited to come back to church and accepted that invitation.  I went to Wausau that Sunday so I could go to church with her.  She felt at home with the saints there. 
Today I attended her baptism.  It was glorious!
Below is a picture of some of those beautiful women whom I knew from my youth.
Happy rebirth Jinny!

No comments: