Friday, March 16, 2012

My Sister Bonny

Going through my parents' slides, I found several photos of my sister.  I have great memories looking through these.  In 1975 we went on a family vacation through Canada to Niagara Falls, south to Palmyra, NY and finally to Washington D.C.  This photo was taken in Toronto. 
We had our shower in the basement and at some point it turned into a bathing shower.
 Niagara Falls
 I recall my little sister had very little hair during her first year of life.  I was at a rummage sale with my mom and some woman asked me about my little brother and I remember being very offended.  I already had 3 brothers and finally got a sister and then some stupid lady called her a boy!
 This must have been the Christmas my brother got snowmobile gloves.
 I remember that car.  That little pine tree is very big now and the apple tree on the right no longer exists.
 I love the retro look of the things on the wall.  I recall as a child looking at that rocking chair thing on the right side of the wall.  There are balls of yarn on the seat of the chair.  As a child, I couldn't figure out why there was poop on the seat of the chair.
 Look at the curls.  She is so cute!
 This was the one time in his life that my dad was growing a beard.  I remember it being a reddish color.
 In my parents' bedroom.  I wonder why they took the hardwood off of the floor? 
 I was 7 years old when these were taken.  She was just a newborn. Ma Hoffman woke us up that morning and told me that I had a new sister!  That was the most exciting day of my 7 year old life.
 She looks like a little princess.  Except for these photos I don't remember my mother being so young.  I suppose my children will think the same thing when they look back at photos of me.
I'm guessing this was on the couch. 
 In the back yard with Dan Cerveny.  Bonny must be about two.
I've had a good time looking through these pictures that I haven't seen in years.  I have so many fun memories of growing up with my sister.  Even though there are seven years between us, I am still so grateful that I finally got a sister.  I couldn't have asked for a greater blessing in my young life. 
I love you Bon!

1 comment:

Clare said...

That picture of Papa with the beard looks like Spencer.