Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation in the U.P.

There are so many things I could blog about.  My time at girl's camp or Sammi's wedding shower being at the top of the list, but instead I want to share my overnight vacation to Lake Superior.   Pat does a U.P. tour each August where he comes North to check on the buildings up here and he brings me along overnight.  This is our 3rd year at this campground.  We set up our tent on the shores of Lake Superior at a
campground.  Each year Pat states that he wished he'd brought along his swim trunks.  Well, this year he packed them.  I doubted that he'd use them.  I was wrong.
 This year he brought his swim trunks and waded in for a short time and then finally took the plunge.  I recall doing that as a kid.  My parents would let us do it because typically we never saw waves crashing on the shore and wanted to be buried in them or try to outrun them.
 He said it wasn't as cold as he thought it would be.  He said he's been in colder water.
 I saw this fungus growing just past our campsite onto the beach.  It's growing out of a fallen tree.  This "beach" isn't typical sand.  It is all rocks.  Very smooth rocks, but still rocks of all sizes.  I really took this photo so I could share it with Cheryl.
 The sunset was perfect from my lawnchair.  I took several, but this was easily my favorite.
 We went for a stroll along the shore and found a few interesting things to look at.  I set up the camera so we could have one last shot of the sunset with both of us in it.  I love spending alone time with my sweetie.
 Perhaps that's evident in this final photo. 
I know the night will not be too warm and I did bring extra covers.  What will be nice is the sound of the waves crashing on the shore all night long.  It is so soothing.  Back to the real world tomorrow.

1 comment:

Megan said...

So I don't know what the U.P., but I'm all for alone time with my sweetie, so I'm sure you're having a great time. Enjoy it!