Friday, August 26, 2011

Family Picture Fun

 With the entire family being together in Nauvoo, we, the girls and I, figured it would be a perfect time for family pictures.  I planned on taking one when Erin got home from school, but then waited as Jeff was joining our family.  My 4th daughter, Sara, was kind enough to take these so I didn't have to set a timer on the camera.  Besides, I didn't have my tripod.
Pat wanted a new photo of the two of us.  This one is good, but I'm aggrivated by the fact that there's sun on my shirt.  We may take another one in our "dress up" clothes.
 Andrew needed a new picture for the wall for quite some time.  Sara took some nicer ones than this, but he had a forced smile on the others.  So, this will have to do.
 The Gourley's tried but the three kids weren't very cooperative.  This was the best of all.  At least the kid's faces are visable and no one is screaming.
 We needed a Papa and Nana picture with the grandkids.  This one turned out perfect!  I love this one!
 There's a great arched bridge which makes an interesting  place for photos.  It also makes a difficult place to photo with the darkness inside and the bright sunlight behind.  Still, I think Sara did a great job with this one.
 A close up of these beautiful people together.
It was a good time to be together despite the heat and mostly the humidity.  Bright sunlight is NOT the best condition for taking photos, but we made the most of it with finding shady places.  Who knows when the next time is that we'll all be together for a photo.  It might be a while. 

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love these pics of some of my favorite people!

Gene J said...

Great pictures of a lovely family.
Who knows? Porter is praying for Erin and it could happen fast like Sammi and your family could be there again.