Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Return of Winter

After a beautiful melting week last week, we had this sight on Sunday night and all day Monday. In fact, it's still snowing on this Tuesday morning. What do I expect? It's February. Winter in Wisconsin happens to still be here.

When I opened the back door this morning because the cat wanted to go outside, I found this. The wind had blown the snow up against the door and when I opened it, I had this wall.
Thank goodness it was a holiday as my husband got to go out in his own good time and remove snow. He gets on his tractor and clears out the neighborhood. He goes to the Haffners and across the street by Lornie and up the road to Evie. He then takes care of the back yard as well.
There was about a foot of snow. We were promised that much and it delivered. I have some good piles of snow on the lower lawn which I'm afraid will turn into a pond in my basement come spring. If the snow melts slowly we'll be alright. But, if it melts very quickly we'll have a repeat of the pond we last fall.
The snow doesn't bother me. I know a lot of people are ready for winter to be over. I just look forward to the next season but not before I enjoy the one we're in. I guess the only reason I don't want snow is that my track season is coming and I'm afraid we'll be training in the snow.

1 comment:

Luana said...

Aren't you just sooooo ready for spring?!!!