Friday, October 29, 2010

17 years ago today....

Today is the anniversary of a day that my life changed forever. It was beautiful and tragic all in one. It was the day that my mother passed from this life to the next. She was a wonderful friend and confidant for me. I still feel bad that we didn't have that kind of relationship until I was an adult.

I love this photo of my mom with her mother and sisters. In this photo, my mother is younger than I currantly am. She was so young and thin! I miss her tremendously!

There are days when I wish she could've been here to watch my kids grow up. Now that I have grandchildren, I really wish she was here to play with them. I can imagine her comments about each of them. They would love her too. She was the greatest Nana a child could want. I hope that I can be that kind of Nana.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Though I only met your Mom a couple of times I suspect she would be very proud of the woman you have become. You are a wonderful Mom, wife and Grandmother besides being a great friend. I am sure she saw all these qualities in you and the potential for all the things you have become since her passing. She must have been a fantastic person to raise a daughter like you.

Clare said...

It's funny that I didn't remember what day it was, but Cami asked me about Nana Carol yesterday when we were in Wausau. She asked me if Nana Carol was dead. I told her she was because her heart didn't work anymore. Cami said she'd fix her heart. She asked when she would be alive again and if we could talk to her through the ground. Then we got to talk about the resurrection and if Jesus was "a little scary."