Sunday, June 13, 2010

Friends

I had a friend that moved into the area during high school. We didn't go to the same school, but knew one another because we attended the same church. We wrote to one another when we were both attending college and I wrote to her while she went on a mission. (Prior to email and the computer age.) She moved to Utah and we didn't see one another much for a lot of years, but still we kept in touch.
Now she lives in LaCrosse and we still don't communicate very often but when we see each other we pick up right where we left off and it's never uncomfortable. Her mother passed away last week and the funeral was here in Gresham. I was able to have her spend the night at my house and help with some funeral arrangements.
I think we must have known one another even before we were born. I have several friends that I feel this way about. It's such a wonderful feeling to have that bond. Do you have such a friend or friends?

No comments: