Friday, May 28, 2010

One Final Week

Yesterday was the sectional track meet which produces the state qualifiers. There were many athletes from our team who competed at this track meet. Unfortunately only one qualified for the state meet. But, he qualified in two events....one in which he has a good shot at winning.
Tom qualified in the 800 run with a 1:58.85 time as well as the triple jump. Last year we had four athletes who competed at state. Two of these individuals competed again yesterday and despite "leaving it all out on the track" they didn't qualify for state.

I've learned this lesson many times in my life but it seems to be very obvious in the world of athletics. All you can do is your best. You can't do more than that. Isn't that a great lesson for life?
Thus back to the title of this post. One final week of track practices. Actually they will be kind of fun as it will be Todd and I both working with Tom. What a privilege that is. He's an outstanding athlete and an all-around good guy. It is my honor to have worked with him over the past four years and see him grow from a kid to a man.
My life after next week will once again be MINE! I love track and field, but I miss being home with my husband.

No comments: