Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'd rather be healthy

Isn't it strange how sickness hits a person? I got up on Sunday morning and dressed and went to church only to find that it was unusually cold in the chapel. Or was it? No one else seemed to be shivering like I was. I put my head on the back of Clare's neck and she confirmed I was feverish. I went home to bed and stayed there.

Since it was a holiday weekend there was no way to see or even talk to my doctor until Tuesday. By then I thought the fever had finally broken as I woke up in a sweat. But.....now Sammi was exhibiting the same symptoms I had. I called the doctor's office for a throat culture for both of us. Good news! No strep throat. Bad news, no antibiotics. A virus! How do you deal with that except ride out the storm? It hasn't been fun. I pray none of the others who live in my house or visit often (the Gourleys) get this nastiness.

Now that I think about it, I think perhaps Tom had this too as he was clearing his throat a lot more than usual and his voice sounds odd. He never tells me when he's feeling under the weather so unless he has a symptom that I can physically see, I can't help him out. Today he woke with a lot of crustiness in his eye. Could it be another stye? I didn't find one, but we'll see what Dr. Peterson finds this afternoon. When it rains it pours! Stay healthy out there!

1 comment:

DJ said...

Sorry you guys are sick. Hope you get rid of it fast and for good. Summer is coming you gotta be healthy. Being sick does make you appreciate your normally healthy body though doesn't it. Good luck riding out the storm!