Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Baby Girl

It's been a very busy and fun week for us with Erin. High school seniors sure can lead their parents to a busy life. On Thursday evening we attended the athletic banquet where Erin won numerous awards. Here she's receiving the Team's Choice award from her basketball coach. She also won co-MVP in volleyball (with Allyssa) and co-MVP in track (with Whitney). She also won a few other senior awards but the most impressive being Athlete of the Year. It's funny cause I won that award 29 years ago. Seems like it was just yesterday?
Tuesday was the Regional track meet which kicks off the tournament series. She placed 2nd in the high jump in Suring which moved her on to the Sectional meet in Marathon. On Friday she placed 4th which is enough to move her on to the state track meet in LaCrosse on Friday. She'll be joined by team mates Whitney (100m dash), Nick (400m dash) and Tom (800m run).
Following the Sectional track meet, we rushed back to Gresham so Erin wouldn't miss her high school graduation. We missed about the first 10 minutes. She didn't have to walk in which was just as she wanted it. Here is a picture of Erin and me with the head track coach Mr. Davis. I've never seen him so excited in the 2 years I've known him.
Erin receiving her high school diploma from Mr. Keary Mattson.
Of course mom and dad with our baby girl after the graduation ceremony. She and I attended the all night chem-free graduation party at school. I'm still tired after all of that. Last evening we had seminary graduation in Wausau. I officially have no children enrolled in seminary. One year off before Andrew starts. But, I still have to go to teach. I got my materials yesterday. I look forward to teaching next year's curriculum as it is The Book of Mormon.

2 comments:

Clare said...

I'm now officially the only girl on the family who didn't win athlete of the year as a senior. Yay for me.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Erin!! Such a beautiful and talented girl! Can't believe she's graduated already. That's so crazy!!
I just got put back on the Substitute Seminary teacher list here and I'm looking forward to any time they call and I get to teach again. I actually miss it!