Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Company and Party Time




A very sleepy day for me except I do have to accomplish some things. The past 3 days have been filled with being a hostess. Brett came back for a mission tour with his parents and I invited them to stay with us. Who wouldn't get sick of hotels day after day? We have a wonderful visit. Brett and Sammi took them around visiting people and places he knew while he served his mission here. It was great for Pat and I to get to know them better as well. Great people. They might have felt like they overstayed their welcome, but they certainly didn't.

We also got to celebrate Elder Yates' birthday on Monday night. The Fullers invited us over for a surprise party with cake. Tom loves Tina's cake! We got Elder Yates a Wisconsin footbnall T-shirt. You can't live in Wisconsin for two years and not go home with at least a T-shirt. I made some prints of pictures I took at the party as well as a few enlargements. When I went to pick them up, I had to get my SD card out to prove that I took the pictures and didn't steal someone's copyright. Is that a sign of a good photo? That's happened to me several times in the past couple of years. It's kind of a pain but a huge compliment at the same time.

Andrew has begun the basketball season and he looks really good this year. A huge improvement over what I saw last year. He's having fun and getting a lot of playing time. Just what every parents wants to see. (He didn't play much last year.) I think he's extra excited this year because he gets to play with Christian as well. You'll check out their picture at the party above.

All is well in Lyndhurst and we're staying warm and cozy except for when we're outside.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Well, Sammi is certainly making her quota for visits with Brett this month, isn't she???