Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Wedding Reception

I don't know who decided, but soup was chosen for the main course at the wedding reception in Gresham.  I made this huge Nesco of broccoli cheese soup.  
I also made rolls, snickerdoodles, punch and and ice box cake which was the "wedding cake".  We had enough food and a little extra which is always good for the next day.  
The decorations were beautiful as well.  Dave Sua' volunteered to come from Independence to be our DJ for the dance.  I told him I would pay for his gas if he came.  I gave him enough and to spare. 
The dance was really fun.  I believe a lot of people enjoyed themselves.
I wouldn't normally invite the stake president, but since the Lonsdales both bonded with Erin, I thought it was ok.  They came and danced and had a great time.
Melody and Pat danced a bit even though her knee is still bothering her. 
It seems that group dances always go over the best.  Even Lauren's little Abby did the YMCA.
Henry layed on the floor while everyone around him did the chicken dance. 
Even Tom dances when the chicken dance begins.  
We didn't go until 9pm as was advertised, but that was ok too.  
Our littles and bigger grandchildren danced the night away.
Cami sang two songs while playing her guitar.  One of them she wrote herself!  What a talented young woman!
It was good to see some of the cousins that came. Alexa and Gunner's children had a good time!
This is the last wedding reception I ever have to give.
It was a lot of work but many hands made it go so much smoother.  I feel so blessed to have another son-in-law who fits into our family!
 

No comments: