Sunday, January 7, 2024

Christmas 2023

A lovely Christmas was had by our family this year.  It began on December 16th.  Our family was asked to be the Christmas program this year.  Gwen had the vision of a family home evening setting with everyone around.  She asked Bishop and Erica Hoffman to each sing a Christmas song that I had to work into the program.  I know it was through the inspiration of the Spirit that I was able to put a rough draft script together.  Thanks to Sammi for some ideas with that.  
I was amazed how many people came up to me and expressed how much they loved our presentation.  I think Tom singing Silent Night solo and then being the angel surprised a lot of people.  They were unaware of his skills in memorizing.  The spirit was strong.  Our only mishap was Henry being squeezed off of the stage while the children decorated the tree.
Henry and Lydia had an afternoon concert that Pat and I attended.  It was cute.  Lots of snow and Santa songs but that's what our world does.

At Gresham school, Eli and Butchy helped the penguins save Christmas.  They did a great job in singing.  The entire elementary sang together.r

I couldn't stay to watch Brock's band and choir as I promised Evelyn that I would come to her concert.  She had a solo and did it fabulously!  
As a family we went swimming at the Clintonville rec the week between Christmas and New Year's eve.  We went to A&W for cones afterward.  
On Christmas eve we played some games.  
The new game was to try to see how many candles you could blow out in a row.  It is a lot harder than it seems.  
We also played the "cup" game but in a different way and I don't think anyone was very happy about how it turned out except for those that won big prizes.
We of course, did the nativity again.  The Shawano Sisters came along and we had a great time.  Pat had them each pick out the kind of pen that they wanted and he made them the next day so Sammi could take them to them before transfers.  Neither was transferred but very grateful for their pen.
Santa and his elf came over again on Christmas day with goodie bags for all the children.  Marty Loftus so enjoys being Santa and Robin is the cutest elf.  
Pat mentioned that Robin, again this year, mentioned how she feels something special when she comes into our home.  He made sure Marty knew it was because the Spirit resides here.  
I love Christmas!  Even though Andrew, Cierra and Eddie leave us for approximately two weeks, which I totally understand, it is a special time together as a family.  Everyone loved their gifts and I loved mine!



 

No comments: