Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Mandalay Bay Shark Reef

We went over to the Mandalay Bay just to visit the shark reef.  
First we watched this Comodo dragon.  
The photo I have of the Green Sawfish is not great as it was too dark but it was really cool seeing the snout that had "teeth" like a saw.
The rays were very colorful and the patterns so interesting.

The jellies!  So many different kinds.  I like watching them "swim."
We were allowed to put a finger in the water and touch the rays on their backs.  That's nothing compared to being able to swim with them and having them swim past your legs.
This critter was the most amazing thing to me.  Part ray, part shark!

It didn't even look real to me. 

There was a guard by the piranha tank as people are not smart and actually put their hands in the water.  
The last thing was walking through a tunnel where the fish and sharks could swim over the top of you.  It was good seeing that Shark/ray's underside.
Once we left that part of the shark reef, we made our way to the theatre.  This backdrop was available to take a photo.  Little Henry loves this picture.  
In the theatre we did a virtual reality show about humpback whales.  It made me a little dizzy at first so I closed my eyes for a moment and then got my bearings.  It was a short film but so interesting and fun.
 

No comments: