Saturday, December 5, 2020

President’s Office

Just about the time we were finished with the upstairs at the Nauvoo Visitor's Center I helped my husband rearrange President Rizley's office.  We were to hang the white boards and move the furniture.
Jared came up to check on my progress with cleaning the baseboards and the touch up painting on the door frames.  My sweet companion suggested to Jared that President have an accent wall.  Sister Rizley was in the building and thought it was a great idea.  Jared needs no help in deciding on whether or not to paint an accent wall.  He went back to the shop and brought three colors to choose from.  
Heavenly Blue was the color that won out!  Jared and Sister Chestnut got right on it and had it done in no time.  The following morning, my companion and I put up the whiteboards and moved the furniture around and took out the furniture he didn't want in his office.  We put up a new portrait of Christ as well as a portrait of the First Presidency!  
President showed up before we were done and said he loved it.  He even twirled and sang, "The hills are alive with the sound of music."  I think it look fabulous!
 

No comments: