Saturday, December 5, 2020

Bob and Linda Bailie

On June 10, 2019, we first met Bob and Linda Bailie in the MTC.  It was nice to know that there was someone else coming to the Illinois Nauvoo mission and would be serving as FM missionaries along side us.  We have come to know and love these two.  
Elder Bailie has an infectious laugh.  He tells these great stories and then leans back and laughs out loud.  It's so much fun.  He has the greatest sense of humor.
Elder Bailie and my husband spent a lot of times moving furniture together in the first several months of our missions.  They were known as P&B Moving.  They moved a lot of mattresses in and out of apartments.  I'm sure many more than either one ever thought they would move.
On New Year's Eve we had a talent show.  A lot of the seniors have these amazing musical and poetic talents.  I asked the Bailies if they would join us in a skit.  We decided on the chickens singing "In the Mood."  We had a good time practicing together and even a better time performing.  They were such good sports to do this with us.
In the Spring when COVID-19 hit, we were given assignments with our companions.  Bob was finally able to serve side by side with Linda.  He was so thrilled not to be working alone in the appliance shop but rather with his eternal companion!
Last Friday we were able to work together for an hour or so.  We were able to get the Christmas trees in place for the town.  The trees were placed near businesses along Mulholland.
When we got here, Linda and I were assigned to work together on the grounds.  There were four other sisters that we worked with.  I wasn't all that thrilled to be doing something I really didn't enjoy but I came to love these sisters so much.  When I talked with Linda later about how difficult it was for me for the first few weeks, she agreed.  I was happy to know that she felt the same way I did.
On Thursday, they finished cleaning their condo and packing up their car and headed out for Springville, UT.  It felt odd to know that they would not be here anymore.  That leaves us as lone longest serving couple in the Nauvoo Historic Sites.  
I think next time we visit Utah we will have to stay for an extended time so we can visit with all of the people we met here and came to love.  
So long for now Elder and Sister Bailie!
 

No comments: