Friday, October 16, 2020

Getting Rid of the Pink

We have a row of four homes on Young Street which are known as Widow's Row.  That's because when there used to be senior single sisters, they lived in these homes.  Apparently there were a pair of Sisters who wanted wanted their trim painted pink.  
The color is actually called Rosy Tan.  It is not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination.  The front door as well as the bedroom door were also painted the same horrible pink.  
A new couple was coming to move into that home and when Sister Carlson and the other conservation Sisters were there cleaning, she asked if she could paint over the pink.  I told Sister Carlson that I would help her paint it. We were able to paint one day with the help of some of the other sisters. This pale yellow is a much better color.  It even made the walls look like they were freshly painted.
We painted the living room and the master bedroom.  We did not paint the office room.  When I went back to look at it, I was aghast at how horrible it looked.  I decided I would go the next day after work and paint it.  Sister Odum heard what I was doing and volunteered to help.  Between the three of us, we had it finished in no time.  The final coat of paint went on the next morning.  The Hokensens showed up later that day.  Not a moment too soon!

No comments: