Friday, October 2, 2020

Friends in Nauvoo

When we came to Nauvoo for this mission we met Rick at our morning meeting.  He was there every day unless he had some other appointment.  He is not a member of our faith but rather a member of the Community of Christ church.
Rick is good people.  I didn't really take the time to get to know him in the beginning but my sweetheart did.  In October I asked him if he had people in his congregation that would like to sing in the choir for the Christmas Walk.  He pointed to his wife and told me that Sherry is a singer.  So I went to talk to Sherry.  
When she came to the first rehearsal I introduced her and she and Eloise Carlson made fast friends.  I went to sing alto as there were way too many sopranos so I didn't get to sit by her any longer.  Since then, we have become such wonderful friends. The MacGregors, Carlsons and us have had many a meal together.  We taught them how to play bocce ball and they invested in their own set.  
I didn't expect to make friends with people in Nauvoo who were not working in the FM group.  I'm so glad we did! 

No comments: