Monday, July 29, 2019

Nephi

How did Nephi feel as he went back to Jerusalem?  He was different from his brothers who rebelled. Why did he go back to Jerusalem after failing the firsts time to obtain the plates?
 He was led by the Spirit.
Faith cannot force our will upon God. We cannot force God to comply with our desires--no matter how right we think we are or how sincerely we pray.  As we go through trials, we should eventually realize that it was a blessing and thank God for not answering our prayers the way we hoped.  He always knows better what we need.

I love that Nephi stands and looks down on the city of Jerusalem and has no idea what he will do.  He just trusts that God will lead him.  I have felt that in my life.  I know what I desire, but is that the best thing?  I know that it took faith for me to let my will be swallowed up in the Lord's in order to submit mission papers.  Yet, here I am and I love it!  The Lord truly knows best if we let Him lead us.

No comments: