Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Heaven's Protection

Sometime at the end of June, there was a service opportunity in Bowler at the Cortright/Glenetski home.  These ladies needed some saplings removed from around the garage in order for their insurance carrier to cover them.  Some men with chain saws and a few women went over to remove the trees.  Pat, being the guy he is, went over.  When he came back he showed me his pants leg with a statement something like, "Someone is watching over me."  The saw jumped back or bucked or something and came back and hit him just above the knee.
As you can see, the pants are shredded just above the knee.  The skin, however, was untouched.  A few days later a bruise and slight abrasion showed up.  
I then admitted that only a few days earlier while driving to the temple, I know I fell asleep at the wheel with the cruise set at 74 mph. I was just going to close my eyes for a nap when Pat asked me to drive so he could take a nap.  Ugghh! As I took over at the wheel it wasn't long before I was struggling to keep my eyes open.  I did all the usual tricks to try and stay alert.  It wasn't working.  
At some point, I was startled awake still driving straight in my lane of traffic with no other vehicles around us.  I don't recall dozing off but it was very clear that when I opened my eyes, I knew I had fallen asleep.  It couldn't have been more than a few seconds.  I can tell you that it was very easy to stay awake after that.
God has a work for us to do and He needs us here.  I have no doubt that he was watched over us in both of those instances.  I feel that my prayers for protection are never wasted.

No comments: