Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Grandchildren are a Blessing

My mom used to say that if she could do it over again she would skip being a mom and go straight to being a grandma.  I recognize what she meant although I love being a mom.
Grandchildren are an absolute blessing!  Here are my blessings.
Cami was our first and she's is one smart cookie.  She looks so much like her mom and even has some of those same attributes.  I love that she loves to play with her cousin.  Given the big age gap, I wasn't sure she would play so well with Evie. I love spending time with her as she is growing up so quickly and turning into a beautiful young woman.
Adam is my mini Andrew.  What a great imagination!  He is pretty chill most of the time and goes with the flow.  He struggles with some aspects of learning but is super excited about others.  He can tell you about everything dinosaur.  Such a handsome guy.
Who wouldn't love Brock's dimples?  He has a pretty short fuse but he's my lover.  He adores me and always hugs me as if we haven't seen one another in a long time.  Upon learning that we are contemplating a mission, he began to cry because he would miss me.

Evelyn is our drama queen.  She has such a tender heart and takes everything so personally.  She's girl through and through.  She loves everything Barbie.  Although she has asked for a race track for Christmas.  She's so smart and learning to read.
Who couldn't love this Butch face?  This kid is all boy as much as Ev is girl.  He had a lot to say and talks to anyone who will listen.  He wants you to believe he's a tough guy.  I just giggle when I think about him.  He is Mr. Personality and I love it!
Eli is such a cute little guy.  He's got his very sober moments.  He watches very carefully what others are doing.  He's got an infectious giggle.  Sammi had him belly laughing on Sunday.  He's such a good baby and we adore him.

Baby Fillmore twins will be born tomorrow morning.  (October 11, 2018)  Baby boy will come first with his sister to follow.  I can't wait to meet them and find out what their names will be.  I've seen them via ultra sound several times but much prefer to be able to hold them and pet their little heads.  

Yes, I can attest to the fact that grandchildren are compensation for growing older!

No comments: