Friday, September 15, 2017

Door County Mid-Week Vacation

Pat and I were planning a Lake Michigan tour this summer.  The plan was to go north and then come back south and go to Mackinac Island and then back to Wisconsin via the ferry to Manitowoc.  We had such a busy summer and then he had his heart attack so that messed up those plans.  Last week would have been the time we were going but the weather was miserable and Clare was gone to Boston and Sammi went with Andrew to Salt Lake City.  I spend a bit of time watching children.  So, I proposed that we get a condo in Door County.
This week the weather was in the 70's and 80's so it was absolutely perfect for a summer vacation. We had a nice condo on the Bay side only a few miles from Potawatami State park.  We brought our bicycles along to do some riding in the parks.  We also rode in Peninsula State park.  They have actual bike trails as opposed to riding on the roads.  This lighthouse  was our one stop in Peninsula.
These cedar trees lined up perfectly so it looked like we were in jail.  This was the same site as the lighthouse.
Also in the park was a beautiful beach.  The water wasn't any too warm so there weren't any people in it.  There were, however, plenty of sun worshippers.
This boat was anchored just off the beach.  I'm not sure how I feel about boating in such a vessel.  It might be really fun yet it is on the water.
 I believe this guy wanted me to get in that cold water.  He actually did swim off the beach by our condo.
This bike ride was 9.6 miles of some up and some down.  Lots of in between.  It was a lot of fun. I would do it again.
Mostly, we just love being together.  We took walks each morning as well.  We're trying to stay heart healthy.  It was a wonderful time just being together.  We bought a couple of movies and watched them in the evening.  I have a great life with this man at my side.  We are very blessed to share our lives.

No comments: