Sunday, December 4, 2016

New Callings

Today Pat and I went to Neenah to meet with Elder Scott, our area seventy.  He interviewed both of us as to our worthiness and then began talking about a calling that is for both of us.  Somehow I knew this was why he wanted to see us.  We have been called as "Area Family History Advisors."  It means in short that we will be serving together to promote the "Find, Take, Teach principle of family history.  Basically we need to help people understand that they need to find an ancestor and then take the name to the temple and then teach that principle to others.  We will be working with the stake presidencies in the six Wisconsin stakes.

As of now, I don't know anything else.  I'm feeling overwhelmed not knowing what we will for sure be doing.  I do know that this in an important calling as we are to be released from any other callings we may have.  I have several.  I don't believe that my organist calling and my librarian calling won't interfere with this.  They didn't interfere with being a seminary teacher.

Elder Scott was certain that we could maintain our temple assignment but thought I may need to give up my church service missionary job.  Time will tell what I need to back off on.  

Today I'm feeling very overwhelmed!

No comments: