Saturday, September 10, 2016

Homecoming

This has to be my favorite picture of me that I've seen in a very long time.  On August 16th my baby boy returned home from his two year mission.  He wasn't very far away considering how far away he could have been.  Regardless, it was 25 long months.

I knew I would be emotional at the airport.  I was when Sammi returned so why wouldn't I be this time?  We held one another and cried.  I think he cried because he had to leave his mission.  I cried because I got to hold him once again and see his handsome face!

Of all the things in this world, I believe a missionary returning from service has to be the closest thing there is to what Heaven feels like.  I'm so proud of his service and the man he has become.  There really are no words.

He gave his report to the council the following Sunday morning and then gave a talk in Sacrament meeting in our ward.  I was so impressed with how he presented his message.  This is not the frightened young man I saw back in July 2014.  This is a confident man who knows the message that he shared.  It was incredible to hear his testimony of the Atonement.

I love this youngest child and look forward to what he will become in his life.

No comments: