Monday, December 14, 2015

Winter?

What a strange weather we have.  It should be somewhere around freezing and there should be snow on the ground.  Over the past week we have had record breaking warm temperatures in the 50's.  It began raining on Saturday night and it rained steady through all of Sunday and it finally has slowed/stopped today (Monday). 

Lake Pleshek has once again reared its head.  The lower lawn is flooded which always means there is water in my basement.  I've never had water in the basement in December.  There is a blessing in all of this.  If the ground was frozen, all this water would be just sitting rather than soaking in.  But, I do need the ground to freeze so the truckers can get into the woods and bring some wood into the mill. 

It's strange now that I think about the weather and how it affects the truckers that bring wood into the mill.  I still don't know how I feel about being a business owner. 

There are cooler temps forecast for later this week.  Hopefully the lake will be gone by then.  At any rate, as much as I love this warm weather, I'm ready for winter to get here.  It can stay long enough to kill off all the germs and viruses in the air.  I wonder, with these mild temperatures, are the bears hibernating?

No comments: