Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Manna Part 2

As I was thinking about the miracle of manna I discovered that the symbolism can go even deeper. As I study and ponder the scriptures, a miracle can occur within me.  Perhaps that miracle will be a mighty change of heart or perhaps an increase in charity.  Whatever it is, the miracle that happened each week on the Sabbath for the children of Israel can happen for each of us too.  I believe that the focus on Sabbath day activities and our observance of it, can be the miracle in our lives.  We have recently been instructed by the Quorum of the Twelve through our local leaders that observance of the Sabbath will bring us closer to the Savior.  What a miracle to feel His love more deeply and understand His atonement better!  Apparently, our miracles aren't so different from those of ancient Israel.  Each Sabbath can be a miracle!

No comments: