Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Pleasant Surprise

Andrew was transferred a week ago.  Before he left his area this photo was taken and sent to us by this wonderful bishop.  I can't say how much I love these random text messages/photos that people have sent to us.

Today Pat was talking with a man from who lives in the Salt Lake area and also works for the church.  At some point in the conversation he asked if we have a son serving a mission in Utah.  Pat responded in the affirmative and this man told him that he had Elders Pleshek and Craig in his home only a few days ago for a meal.  How small is the world???

He reported that Andrew and his companion are doing well.  He also said he has a great spirit about him.  Of course he gave us praise for raising such a great son.  He said they are doing some new cutting edge things in their area and they should have plenty of teaching opportunities in the very near future.

There are not words to express what these reports mean to parents. Whenever I email the mission office I get a return email that always says something like, "We love your son and he's doing great!" I always take that with a grain of salt as it is coming from someone who loves our son and has a biased opinion.  What are they going to say?  "You raised a lousy kid.  Wish he didn't have to be in our misson."?  I think not.  My heart swells to hear a perfect stranger tell us how impressed they are with our son.

I love that he is serving and serving well.  Can't wait for Mother's Day when we get to hear his voice and see his handsome face!

No comments: